Three Needs

April 6, 2014

Today is the first Sunday of the month and time for a cyber prayer meeting.

Just as an exercise, pick three things in your marriage that need prayer. Pray for those things for yourself and for all the other generous wives (there’s a good chance a number of gals are struggling with the same thing).

If you want to share or have a specific prayer request, feel free to leave a comment. Be aware that this is a public forum, so please be discreet and kind.

Our prayers may be awkward. Our attempts may be feeble. But since the power of prayer is in the One who hears it and not in the one who says it, our prayers do make a difference.  Max Lucado

Image credit © Smirno | Dreamstime.com

Su April 6, 2014 at 3:01 am

Please pray for my marriage. Sometimes, it seems the more/harder I pray about our it–the worse it gets. Does anyone else every feel that way about things? Thank you all for your prayers.

Jules April 6, 2016 at 4:00 am

Yes, Su. I know exactly what you mean.

Darcy April 6, 2014 at 4:51 am

The three biggest prayer needs in our marriage right now are finances, God’s direction, and submission on my part. I’ve come a long way in respect to submission, but I still struggle. My husband’s second job is finished so the budget is going to be really tight unless something else comes along. We are waiting to hear where God wants us in regards to our church/ministry.

Hannah April 6, 2014 at 6:11 am

Good Morning,
Su I definitely understand that the more you pray the more difficult the situation becomes. I believe its a test of faith. Ive hit rock bottom with asking Him to help with knowing Im enough for my husband. I even turned away from Him bc i felt he wasnt listening. Stay with Him once I turned away I found out thats when I needed the Lord most. That is a lesson still in progress for me. I will pray for you Su.

Does anyone have advice on getting rid of thoughts of inadequacy as the world throws the picture of skinny models in our faces?
Thanks
Hannah

anne April 6, 2014 at 6:19 am

This nest week I’ll be flying out to see my husband. I haven’t seen him in 4 1/2 months because of his job and because of health issues with my family. We’ve been apart for sometime, seeing each other every few months for the past 18 months plus. Please pray that our marriage will dare well and that I’ll be able to handle everything that comes our way. Finances have been a struggle and I fear that our marriage has begun to center on those. My husband is a good man. I hope and pray that we can love each other and have the marriage we hoped for at the beginning. I also pray we will both come closer to God. Any advice would be well received.

Lisa April 6, 2014 at 6:56 am

The only thing that I could think of that my marriage needed prayer about was selfishness, my selfishness. I make excuses for myself in my own mind by calling something a need, instead of a want. I’m praying that I’ll put my husband’s wants above my own. (My husband is a godly man who treats me well. Please do not apply my thoughts to your situation if yours is an abusive one.)

Tammy April 6, 2014 at 11:15 am

Pray for restoration and that he will stop being unfaithful. There may even be a baby by “the other woman” and if this is so I pray I can handle it, forgive and find a ace in my heart to love this baby. Pray for us to be able To forgive each other for past hurts. Pray for our finances.

Keri Powell April 6, 2014 at 11:21 am

3 words/needs for my marriage: communication, maturity, & understanding.

Tara April 6, 2014 at 11:54 am

Let’s see.

#1. An area I need the Lord’s help with is changing the way I speak to and about my husband. I catch myself in retrospect having torn him down or questioning him in public instead of honoring him as the head of our family and as a man of God. I need so much help with this. He is a Godly man and this is an area I’m feeling convicted of lately.

#2. More time for intimacy and sex. We have two very young children and some days it’s so hard to snag a window to steal away together. I know it’s a season that will pass, but I don’t want us to develop habits of drought that will be hard to undo one day.

#3. For wisdom regarding the future of my husband’s career. He is stable in his career, but we both feel winds of change blowing and we want to be walking dead in the middle of God’s will for us. If location changes are necessary, I would need a lot of peace about that as we live pretty near my family who is so wonderfully supportive of us.

#4. Can I have a fourth? For my husband and I to come together as a team regarding the health of our family and how we support it. I have had many health problems, our children have developed some health issues too. I believe and feel led by the Lord to work intensely with diet/nutrition, and some holistic practitioners to support our bodies in doing what they were created to do. I can see and feel improvements. Praise God! But my husband is very skeptical and I struggle with internal battles as he seems to disregard the journey I am on as healing. I realize this struggle is more about me than it is about him, so I ask for prayers for myself to come to peace and a place of acceptance both with where he is and where the children and I are.

Thanks ladies!
It is wonderful to pray for you and know I’m being prayed for.
Blessings to you!

Chris April 6, 2014 at 7:49 pm

Our biggest prayer needs are employment/finances, discerning God’s direction for us, andseeking ways to serve the other.

Thanks for doing this, Lori.

Lori - The Generous Wife April 6, 2014 at 8:32 pm

Thanks for being a praying community of women. Y’all rock.

The Baby Mama April 7, 2014 at 3:14 am

I’m in a completely different time zone being in R.S.A., but if its not to late, may I ask that you pray for sexual intimacy, our finances and my anxiety? Thank you so much,

Laura P April 8, 2014 at 8:07 pm

Hi Lori,
I am also in RSA! I just wanted to ask if you could pray for our marriage that my long and intense hours of work in the next 6 weeks don’t overwhelm us. I am a medical student and we are on call for 24 hours every 3-4 days. This weekend we are on call on friday, sunday and tuesday, and I can only do it with God’s strength in me. Thanks for your wonderful support of us wives! God bless!
Laura P

Jules April 6, 2016 at 4:11 am

1). Ability to communicate openly, honestly, and kindly. (I often feel I’m walking on egg-shells; Everything has to be timed just so, and sometimes my timing is off. Communication or lack of creates a barrier).

2). For God to convict both of us of our selfishness & give us hearts to selflessly love & sacrifice without grumbling or resentment for the betterment of our family.

3). For both of us to get in The Word & to carry out our roles as husband & wife according to God’s will.

I pray that all of us are able to fill our husband’s love tanks even when it’s hard, and that we will see God’s blessings on our marriages.