Soft and Romantic

March 8, 2014

Give some thought to your bedroom lighting.

Yes, you want good lighting for the normal stuff of life (making the bed, reading, putting away laundry, etc.), but it’s also a great idea to add some other softer forms of lighting. It feels more romantic and makes it easier to show some skin (something our husbands are delighted to see).

There are small nightstand lights (or you could use a dimmer switch on a standard light). Twinkle lights are fun. Lamps and candles are lovely (just be safe where open flames are concerned).

What other lighting options would work for the bedroom?

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary.  Aaron Rose

Intimacy in Marriage: Sex Savvy Wives: Learning the Power of Pleasure Julie interviews “J”. Check out their books –  Sex Savvy and  Pursuit of Passion.

Storyline: Want to Make Better Decisions? Here’s a Mental Trick Ooooh! I like this one.

Heavenly Special Teas has a great selection of quality teas and other goodies. I’d like to try #1066 Mocha Rocha. (When you order, please put “Lori Byerly” down as the consultant. Thanks so much.)

Image courtesy of Maggie Smith / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Gaye @CalmHealthySexy March 8, 2014 at 8:34 am

The state of our bedroom, lighting and other features, is not ideal. I really need to do something about that this year.

I thought of Paul and his wood cutting today. A beautiful oak in our yard had to be taken down (so sad!), resulting in an unbelievable amount of wood. Dan rented a log splitter, and he and #1 son are spending the day splitting and cutting wood. We don’t even have a wood stove, but I’m sure we will have one by next winter!

Lori - The Generous Wife March 8, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Sorry for the loss of the tree, but it is good wood for winter heating. If you are crafty, tree stumps and tree slices can be used in a number of ways (think Pinterest).

Rosemary March 8, 2014 at 12:34 pm

I have a small bedside lamp with a red lightbulb in it. This provides a soft, friendly light that flattering when you are showing a lot of skin.

Gaye @CalmHealthySexy March 8, 2014 at 2:01 pm

I am NOT crafty, but that’s a great idea to check out Pinterest and see what a low-skilled person might be able to do. My boss’s daughter is a “wood artist,” and I would love to have her make us some bowls from a few pieces.

david March 8, 2014 at 4:51 pm

I use a 1 watt LED bulb in my lamp! Just enough light for me, not too much for her!

James WITTER March 8, 2014 at 8:09 pm

We use oil lamps . We have a book case type head board and we have a oil lamp on each end we can light when we are showing lots of skin…. Lol.

J at HotHolyHumorous March 11, 2014 at 9:00 am

Love your ideas! My husband also doesn’t like the smoke and scent of candles, so we have several battery-operated candles. I was surprised how well they emulate the real thing and provide nice, soft lighting.

And thanks for the mention! :)

Katie March 11, 2014 at 10:17 am

I love our battery operated candles. The ones in the bedroom are remote controlled and I have a group of them on my dresser. As a bonus, it keeps me from piling clothes there. I actually do have one that is scented (you put a scent packet in it) in our living room and a couple more in the living room on timers. I love candlelight but with two small kids in the house I don’t like the idea of open flame – especially when there is the possibility that I will be called into another room. I have a friend who lit her bedroom on fire because she forgot about a candle and since then I’m a little paranoid!