Regular Touch

March 4, 2014

My son and his wife are so cute. They hold hands when they eat (he’s left handed and she’s right handed).

Paul and I couldn’t do that easily (we’re both righties), but it got me to thinkin’.

Are there things that we regularly do that we could add a bit of touch to?

while sitting in church, we could hold hands or lean into each other
we could snuggle or swap foot rubs while watching TV
we could hold hands when we’re out for a walk
when either of us leaves or returns home, we could make a point of hugging

Do y’all have any ideas? Where can we add touch to those things we do regularly?

There will always be room for your hand in mine.  Author Unknown

We are THAT Family: The Truth About Church No One is Talking About This is an amazing post about putting your faith into action. Wake up church!

Happy Wives Club: 3-Day Challenge: The Perks of Becoming a Complaint-Free Wife I love this simple exercise. This could dramatically transform the atmosphere in your marriage relationship. Check out the freebies too!

To Love, Honor and Vacuum: Reader Question: I’m Jealous of a Woman My Husband Works With Practical wisdom for a difficult situation.

Image courtesy of satit_srihin / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Megan@DoNotDisturb March 4, 2014 at 5:42 am

As much as I caution women against fulfilling all their touch needs through their kids, I can actually be guilty of it. I have one child in particular who loves touch and will do anything to be physically near me. This fills my nearness, close proximity need and I don’t always pursue this with my husband. While I am fully available sexually, I don’t always go the extra mile to find other times to touch and be physically close, a complaint I often hear women make! Thanks for the encouragement to continue to seek ways to be generous in all areas of marriage!

Megan

Lori - The Generous Wife March 4, 2014 at 9:34 am

It took the freshness of newlyweds to remind me how important regular touch is. We need them to remind us of the passion and they need us for ongoing encouragement and wisdom from our marriage journey.

Tam March 4, 2014 at 6:26 am

I love touching my husband when he wants to show me something on the computer. For example, a hand on the shoulder or resting on his chest. But, my love language is touch, so I kind of already strive for it.

Chris March 4, 2014 at 8:45 am

We always hold hands when we pray. I actually miss him when he is not around to pray with me!!

Sherry March 4, 2014 at 8:54 am

Whenever one of us walks past the other one, we always touch, even just brushing fingertips across an arm or shoulder, but when I’m cooking and he comes into the kitchen he touches my shoulder, or when he’s reading and I walk past his chair I touch his arm or lightly kiss his head. Also, when we’re sleeping we always have a point of contact, from the tip of a toe on the other’s leg all the way to full spooning, there is always touch.

Lori - The Generous Wife March 4, 2014 at 9:36 am

Great ideas, gals!

Gaye @CalmHealthySexy March 4, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Thanks for the reminder to be intentional about touch. It is not the top love language for either of us, but is higher for me than it is for Dan. So sometimes I have to say, “Hey, I need some NST!” (non-sexual touch)