Are You Struggling?

February 2, 2014

♥ ♥ ♥ 12 days until Valentine’s Day ♥ ♥ ♥

It’s the first Sunday of the month. Time for a cyber prayer meeting!

Please take a moment right where you are (don’t put it off) and talk to God about all the marriages represented by this blog. There are thousands of us, from all over the world. That may seem a bit overwhelming, but realize that means there are thousands of gals praying for you too! God is big enough to handle the bandwidth.  :)

I’ve been thinking about couples that are really struggling, please pray for those who are separated (for whatever reason), for those with financial problems, for those that feel emotionally distant, for those facing addictions or infidelity.

Y’all, thanks for being a praying community. What an incredible gift that is.

If you have any personal prayer requests, feel free to leave them as a comment to this post (this is a public forum, so please be discreet and kind).

Prayer is the greatest of all forces, because it honors God and brings him into active aid.  E.M. Bounds

Image courtesy of Ambro / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

CBD February 2, 2014 at 8:20 am

Please pray for our marriage. My husband is struggling with an addiction to alcohol. He has realized he has a problem and needs help. Pray we can find the help and he can find the strength to walk redeemed!

LHG February 2, 2014 at 8:34 am

I needed your post on “Struggling” today as I am sitting here crying, struggling so hard, literally feeling as though I have been kicked in the stomach. My 65 year old husband of 28 years has been seeing a 26 year old whom-to him-has taken the place of our 24 year old daughter and only child. He has told our daughter he doesn’t love her; he has told our daughter he has had ill feelings toward her for over 10 years; he has told our daughter that ‘she’ is all the things that our daughter isn’t. Continuing a marriage and life with him under these circumstances is unacceptable. I wanted to live my life with my buddy but that’s not going to be. He’s chosen ‘her’ over his own daughter and family. Please pray for my strength in the coming weeks and months.

RP February 2, 2014 at 9:49 am

Please pray that I rebuild my trust in my husband and also in God. Thank you

AMJ February 2, 2014 at 11:41 am

Please pray for my marriage as well. After almost 4 years of marriage an emotional & moderately physical affair with a co-worker has ripped us apart. We are still together, but our hearts are so distant. I feel like things will never be able to return to the happiness, love, & trust that we once had together. I’m scared my husband is going to give up on us. Please pray that we can know forgiveness, & that God can open our hearts to each other once again.

Lynne February 2, 2014 at 1:09 pm

My daughter was married five years last Friday. They have two sons, aged nearly four and two-and-half (sixteen months apart). What should have been a happy day, full of celebration, was not. Her husband, who has Aspergers (he didn’t tell her until she was pregnant with their first child), has stopped managing his condition and thinks only of himself and how things affect him. He won’t talk to her and doesn’t spend time with her saying his time at home is for peace and quiet not talking. She’s a stay-at-home mum so sees no other adults on a day to day basis. They have moved 600km away to his home town; isolating her even more because we, her parents, were always there as her support when they lived twenty minutes away. Please pray: God knows what needs to happen in this marriage and family. Thank you. God bless.

RPC February 2, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Please pray for my husband and me. He wants us to separate after 29 years of marriage. I am a stay-at- home mom. I have been praying about the situation but I don’t know what to do or how to respond. Please pray for me to have strength, wisdom and courage. Pray that God turn CC’s heart towards Him and that He also soften CC’s heart towards me. Pray that God breath His love into our marriage. Pray that God speak to CC in ways that he can hear and understand. Pray that CC will crave God and seek Him. Pray that CC be delivered from all evil and that God block contact with all evil and dangerous people. Pray that he comes to full repentance and turn away from evil and sin. Pray that CC find peace and love in our home and be the man, husband, father that God wants him to be. Pray that God would make CC strong to resist temptation and that the other women be removed forever from his life, heart, mind. Pray for love and peace and healing in our home. Pray that God move quickly and that His glory be seen by all. Thank you for your prayers, they give me strength and hope each day! Thanks.

GAA February 2, 2014 at 3:21 pm

We could use prayer … long story short, found out after 12 years of marriage and soon after the birth of our 4th child that my husband struggles with sexual addiction. He was fired from his job as a result of inappropriate things he did in his addiction and he is no longer able to return to his career as a result. He went to residential treatment which racked up tons of credit card debt. On top of dealing with the betrayal and the trust issues and the resentment for ruining our lives, we are dealing with financial ruin. He has sporadic minimum wage work while searching for something better — just praying for God to open the doors to the job that will provide for our family. On top of everything, recently found out that we are expecting again despite using birth control. God has been very faithful and present with us throughout this valley, and I know that He is working good through all of this, even when I don’t feel it. Oh, please join me in prayer that He will bring a good job about for my husband. Thank you so much.

W. February 2, 2014 at 4:15 pm

Please pray that I can find peace of mind and learn to move forward. Thank you.

Mary February 2, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Please pray for my husband of 24 years and I, he has left and gotten a divorce that is not approved of by God and church. I know he still loves me because he can’t stay away, I know Satan is at work in our lives and has put temptation into my life to drive a wedge between us that will prevent any reconciliation in my marriage. I’m hurting and so lonely, I miss the love of my life. The child we have raised (not our own) misses him so much and wants him to come home and it has become increasingly difficult to explain why he comes over, calls and spends more time with us now than he did before he left yet never tells us he loves us and always leaves.

Marie Valentine February 3, 2014 at 6:48 am

What where do I go from here when there is nothing nice that I can say about by husband? There is also not one reason I can give for why I love him. (I am not sure that I even still do).
We have been together for almost 20 years and me feeling like this is far from new! I thought about doing the one year of questions thing on this site, but I really don’t give a crap what his answers are!

kj February 4, 2014 at 11:35 am

We had been empty nesters for 4 years. Our daughter became disabled and we could no longer afford to support her where she was living (we are financially ruined at this point from trying) so we moved her and her pets in with us. Then our son lost his job and moved back with his pets. We now have 8 dogs, 3 cats, 5 turtles, 1 rabbit, 1 ferret and a snake and 4 adults in our small home. The ciaos is too much for my husband (who has many health problems and is disabled) and my daughter and both are not dealing well. To top it off, my son and daughter have been arguing over everything like little children. This has caused so much stress in our marriage. We rarely ever argued in the 31 years we have been married, but lately we have been spatting and even spent 3 days not talking, I don’t even want to go home after work and have even had thoughts of leaving. Please keep us in your prayers!!!

Tammy February 8, 2014 at 3:21 pm

Continue to pray for restoration my husband and me. We’ve been separated 7 months and he’s indicated he may come home in three months. Not sure why 3 months but that’s what he said. Pray for our marriage and family to heal. Pray he will become closer to God again.