Wedding Bells

February 1, 2014

♥ ♥ ♥ 13 days until Valentine’s Day ♥ ♥ ♥

My son, John, is getting married today! (happy dance)

We’ve prayed over the years for the gal he would marry. It is so lovely to put a name and face to those prayers. Welcome, Forest, into our family and thank you for welcoming us into your family. We look forward to seeing the life you and John will make together. May you both walk in His grace and love and have many wonderful adventures together.

I don’t have their wedding pictures to share just yet, so I’m sharing a few from my wedding. It’s amazing to think back to the day Paul and I said, “I do” (29 years ago!). We had no idea of where the Lord would take us or what our lives would look like. We had hopes and dreams, but God did us one better.

wedding

Why not sit for a minute and think back to your wedding day. What adventures have you and your husband shared over the years? What dreams and adventures do you and your sweetie have yet to explore?

And, as a wedding gift, would you please pray for John and Forest as they start their new life together.

When prayers go up, blessings come down.  Author Unknown

Becoming His Eve: Are You Ready for Some Football? Romantic ideas for Superbowl Sunday.

Happy Wives Club: The Right Way to Recover From a Fight Three practical tips worth remembering.

Making Love in the Microwave: 14 Days of Valentine’s Git Giving Challenge! This Valentine countdown is all about the little ways you can love your spouse without breaking your pocketbook.

Image courtesy of [image creator name] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Gaye @CalmHealthySexy February 1, 2014 at 7:25 am

Very exciting! I know this will be a wonderful day for your family. I am praying for John and Forest (love her name!). Look forward to seeing pictures.

mom2abcd February 1, 2014 at 9:43 am

Very exciting! I pray that God blesses John and Forest with love and blessings. (Kind of intimidating for Forest to marry into a family of marriage experts! How is she handling that?) May God give you and Paul wisdom, too, as you enter this new stage of life… What a blessing a Godly spouse/daughter-in-law is!!!

Lori - The Generous Wife February 1, 2014 at 1:29 pm

She knows that we do marriage ministry, but I don’t think she knows what that means practically. :) She’s a love. We are really blessed to have her as a daughter-in-law.

Chris February 1, 2014 at 11:52 am

Congratulations on growing your family. I pray for you all to experience much joy today and for their marriage to be a lovely adventure for them.

Lori - The Generous Wife February 1, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Thanks for all the wedding wishes and prayers. :)

Hannah February 1, 2014 at 3:53 pm

Congrats on your son’s marriage! And thanks for sharing my Superbowl post.

J (Hot, Holy & Humorous) February 3, 2014 at 10:13 am

Congratulations! Love the pics too.

Nancy February 3, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Can’t wait to see wedding photos. :) Tell the newlyweds to journal like crazy and have fun scrapbooking their new life.