Ask That You May Receive

October 6, 2013

One of the things asked for in the survey was regular prayer (take the survey).

So I am now decreeing the first Sunday of each month (da da da da!) CYBER PRAYER DAY for generous wives and their marriages.

And amazingly enough today is the first Sunday of this month, so please take a moment right now to pray (we’ll wait).

Pray for intimacy, laughter and thoughtfulness. Pray for inventive ideas on dealing with stress, separation and handling finances. Pray for any blessing that you can think of (feel free to share your prayer as a comment).

If you have specific needs you want prayer for, you can leave them as a comment as well. Be aware that what you write can been seen publicly, so be discreet and kind.

Don’t pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it.  Corrie ten Boom

Image courtesy of David Castillo Dominici / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Calm Healthy Sexy: 4 Reasons to Invest in Your Marriage As an empty-nester I really get this.

Everyday Grace: She Yelled and Called Me Names This blogger lives up to the name Everyday Grace.

(in)courage: showing myself a little kindness Grace for ourselves too.

annie October 6, 2013 at 2:24 am

Please pray…my husband took another job over a year ago I stayed to sell our house on the other coast…now it is sold but now the sequester has hit and hes not getting paid…hes very tense over finances and were getting short with each othrt ao please pray we can be together soon and that he’ll still want ro be together and that we will come closer together and with God.

The Generous Wife October 6, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Lord, I ask that you give Annie’s husband ideas and opportunities to make income and provide for their family. Please also calm them both and help them see you as their ultimate provider.

Erica October 6, 2013 at 2:46 am

I pray for those wives who have recently experienced betrayal and adultery, yet have chosen to be generous. Lord help us to forgive our husbands as you do – seventy times seven. Heal the broken pieces, the shame, and the insecurities. Help us as we walk the path to whole ness. Lord deliver our husbands and set them free. Lord teach them to walk in holiness. Help us both to do what honors you the most, we pray In your name. Amen.

Lori - The Generous Wife October 6, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Amen.

Tina October 6, 2013 at 9:35 am

Hi there, I *think* this is my first time commenting here but I’ve been following you for quite some time. I am so blessed by your blog. I love this focus on prayer! Thank you for all you do to help me keep my marriage front and central.

Lori - The Generous Wife October 6, 2013 at 3:12 pm

I’m glad TGW is an encouragement to you. It’s amazing to have so many sisters in prayer.

Tonya October 6, 2013 at 9:37 am

My biggest prayer is that I do not compare my husband to other husbands. Dangerous road to go down.:)

Lori - The Generous Wife October 6, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Yup. Comparisons kill. It’s great to catch them quickly before they do damage.

Vicki October 6, 2013 at 9:40 am

Praying for my son and daughter-in-law, enduring their third deployment. This one will be the longest yet. And between deployments, there are separations for training. May the Lord bless and comfort and strengthen ALL husbands and wives that are forced to be apart, whatever the reason.

The Generous Wife October 6, 2013 at 3:14 pm

This is one of my usual prayers. Separation is hard, even when you’re doing it for a good reason like protecting a nation.

Gaye @CalmHealthySexy October 6, 2013 at 10:51 am

Thank you, Lori, for mentioning my post.

Lori - The Generous Wife October 6, 2013 at 3:15 pm

You bet. Thanks for being such a great and practical resource.

Keri October 6, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Please pray that my husband will be a Spirit filled, Godly leader for our home who is loves God with all his heart, soul, mind, and strength!!!!!!! Also pray that God will increase his desire to model godliness as a father so that our children will know… and not forget the works of God. (PS 78:5-7)

Lori - The Generous Wife October 6, 2013 at 5:52 pm

I can say “amen” to that. :)