Summer Bucket List for Your Marriage

June 9, 2013

I think it would be cool to create a Marriage Bucket List for the summer.

What things do you want to do together as a couple this summer (or winter for those in the southern hemisphere)? Pick out a few simple things, like have a picnic in the park or have an at home naked day (ship the kids off). But also pick out a couple of challenging things too. Perhaps read a book together or redo a room. Dream a bit. What could you do this summer?

For the most part, things don’t get done unless you plan to do them. So … plan a few fun summer activities with your sweetie. Mark them on the calendar and make them happen.

Always have a plan, and believe in it. Nothing happens by accident.  Chuck Knox

Image credit © Uros Petrovic | Dreamstime.com

(in)courage: Someday Be satisfied with the gifts and circumstances that God’s given you right here, right now, and use them to his glory.

Annette | Bucket List Journey June 9, 2013 at 7:02 am

This is a great idea. I already have a Summer Bucket List, but not one that is really dedicated to doing as a couple.

The Generous Wife June 9, 2013 at 9:14 am

@Annette What an amazing bucket list you have! You inspire me.

Gaye @CalmHealthySexy June 9, 2013 at 2:28 pm

“For the most part, things don’t get done unless you plan to do them.” That is so simple, but so true. How many things to I fail to accomplish, simply because I didn’t make a plan to accomplish them? Sadly, quite a few.

Beth June 9, 2013 at 4:44 pm

This is a great idea, Lori. I do have some things planned with my hubby, but we haven’t sat down and “dreamed” what we’d like to do this summer. I think we’ll have to get busy about this soon–summer will be here and gone before I know it!

Mai Bateson June 10, 2013 at 4:18 am

Summer bucket list makes us excited and it is really fun and a great idea! Hubs and I have been doing our list right now. And one them is looking forward to win a ticket to the Lavender Festival in Cherry Valley, CA! haha My hubby and I are really excited about it. I think we currently have 5 on our list ;)

Visiting you from the Happy Wives Club Link Up.

Kim June 10, 2013 at 6:21 am

I keep seeing posts about Bucket Lists. . .
I love the idea of having a simple one for the summer with my hubby!
A biggie is to sell our house and move to Knoxville by September 1. Other than that, I will have to give this some thought. Thanks for the poke!
Kim recently posted…The gift that fits for Father’s DayMy Profile

Fawn Weaver June 11, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Oh my goodness, Lori. I can’t even think about a summer bucket list (LOL). Our summer is already so crammed my list would have 5 things: 1) Do nothing; 2) Sleep more; 3) Do nothing; 4) Sleep more; 5) Do nothing :).

Hannah June 19, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Awesome idea! I’m definitely running this idea past my husband tonight! ;o)