A Gift for You and Your Husband – A Year of Questions

May 20, 2013

I love questions.

So I created a little gift for y’all. It’s a year’s worth of questions for couples.

yearofquestions

Free Download: A Year of Questions for You and Your Spouse

It’s a pdf. You can “right click” on the above link and save to your computer or just click on the link and it will open in your browser.

Print it out, cut the questions into strips and put them all into a container (I used an almond container from Costco). Pull out a question a day to spark conversation between you and your spouse.

If a question does not apply to you or your spouse, just reframe the question so that it does. Change the “what” or the “who.”

I encourage you to create your own rules. Many of these questions are better answered if there is no limit on time, money, etc. This gives more room for options and imagination (I’d love to have advice from Florence Nightingale and live in Italy!).

When the answer revolves around people, you may want to give the option of adding “in addition to” or “other than my spouse.” And, honestly, I think it’s OK to change questions, add questions, give information not asked for, and so on.

The idea behind the questions is to give you and your spouse a starting place for conversation and learning more about each other.

Please remember to speak the truth in love and listen well.

Image credit Lori Byerly

Safe At Home: The Best Defense Isn’t Usually Helpful in Marriage Being defensive can become offensive. Instead, explain and explore.

To Love, Honor and Vacuum: How Much Is Reasonable to Expect From Your Spouse? Some great advice on dealing with expectations.

How to Clean Stuff I found this site just mutzing around on the Internet. Nice resource to bookmark.

Andrea M. May 20, 2013 at 4:11 am

This is awesome! Thank you so much. I’ll be sharing with my friends on Facebook and with the women’s Bible study I’m leading. Blessings to you!

Lauren May 20, 2013 at 8:03 am

This is awesome!

Jolene @ The Alabaster Jar May 20, 2013 at 1:20 pm

This is a great list, Lori. Thanks for linking it up at The Alabaster Jar!

Lori Ferguson May 20, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Love this, Lori! Thank you!

Beth May 20, 2013 at 1:55 pm

I love questions! Thanks for the gift, Paul! I’ll share about this on FB. :)

Beth May 20, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Whoops, I thought this was your hubby’s blog. I subscribe to both, but this is great, Lori. And again, I’m going to share it on FB. :)

Victoria Justesen May 20, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Thanks. This is AWESOME!

Meadow May 20, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Thank you so much!! I’ve pinned it to my “romance” board, so more couples can get in on the fun!

Happy Home Fairy May 20, 2013 at 5:02 pm

This is SO GREAT!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Kim May 20, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Love this! We will often ask questions at dinner like we experience at our Toastmaster’s meetings. They are great conversation starters, help us learn about one another, and are always just plain entertaining!
Kim recently posted…Take this leap and change your life!My Profile

Fawn Weaver May 21, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Lori, I LOVE this and would love to share it on Happy Wives Club. If you ever feel like tweaking the post (since we can’t have the same post on two sites) for the HWC audience, I think it would instantly become very popular and spread like wildfire (almost all of our marriage posts are shared between 1-5K times). Give it a think as I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this (and will do this with my own hubby :)).

The Generous Wife May 22, 2013 at 11:10 am

Thanks, Fawn. That’s great idea. An email is on it’s way to you.

Gail @ BibleLoveNotes.com May 24, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Sounds like a great way to get out of a rut and talk with our spouse about things beyond the routine. Thanks for taking the time to create this list and offer it to others. And thanks for linking to TGIF. So glad to have quality posts like this at the “party.”
Bless you,
Gail

Ann May 30, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Thank you for the gift!! Most people would charge for this (and there’s nothing wrong with that) but you’re building up the Kingdom of God when you offer something that enriches marriages. And you do a lot more “enriching” when it’s free and accessible to more people :) Thank you and God bless you for the gift!