2012 Grow Your Marriage Awards

December 31, 2012

It’s that time again …

Here is a list of bloggers that I think are award worthy (there are actually more truly great blogs, but I had to keep the numbers down so I don’t lose my “short and sweet” reputation). Some blogs are new, some old, all write great material that will challenge you to grow your marriage.

Three cheers for the Three Musketeers of Sexuality! These gals routinely turn out good material on marriage and sexuality. Their ability to talk about tough subjects amazes and blesses me. And they make me laugh … a lot.

Julie of Intimacy in Marriage
Sheila of  To Love, Honor and Vacuum
“J” of Hot, Holy & Humorous

I’m delighted to see a growing number of Blogging Couples.

Brad & Kate of One Flesh Marriage consistently write solid material.
Robert & Lori of Ferguson ValuesEncourage Your Spouse and Leadership Couples are so upbeat and encouraging!
Clint & Alecia of Marriage Life reach out to those struggling with infidelity, but their blog covers so much more.
Stu & Lisa of Stupendous Marriage are actually a “podcast couple” that I admire for their excellence.
Justin & Megan of Do Not Disturb are good communicators. I like how they walk you through their thought processes in a simple understandable way.
Tom & Debi of The Romantic Vineyard continue to offer encouragement with grace and beauty (so nice to see Tom posting more often).

More Marriage Goodies

Scott of Journey to Surrender teaches with a strong emphasis on the Word. Good stuff.
Edward of Elevate Your Marriage always challenges me to think, grow and become a better spouse.
Erin of Mystery 32 has a very sweet and caring spirit. I always feel like I’m sitting at her kitchen table when I read her blog.

Promising Newcomers

Gaye of Calm Healthy Sexy I love practical and encouraging. She gets major points for both.
Annabel of Spice & Love is doing a great job of tackling a tough subject ~ being a higher drive wife.

Sexiest Male Blogger

Yep, that would be my sweetie, The Generous Husband. He keeps popping up on my list because I really, really like him and because he turns out some great posts on marriage. His blog is geared to a male audience, but much of what he writes is good for gals too.

Image credit © nejron | dreamstime.com

If you are looking to give in 2012, today is your last chance. Please consider donating to support Paul and me in ministry or support a ministry of your choice. Gals, if there are ministries you can recommend, please leave them as a comment. (I like With This Ring and The Starfish Project. Mercy House is pretty cool too.)

… and please don’t forget those ministries in your area. There are many great outreaches sponsored by churches and civic organizations. They could use a donation or a helping hand.

Gaye @CalmHealthySexy December 31, 2012 at 7:19 am

Oh my goodness, thank you so much Lori! This is such an encouragement to me, you cannot imagine. I am very thrilled and honored.

Gaye

J (Hot, Holy & Humorous) December 31, 2012 at 7:36 am

What a terrific list! I’m honored to be on it.

I love your Three Musketeers of Sexuality reference. I’ll have to get with Julie & Sheila. I’m thinking our motto will be: “All for one-flesh, and one-flesh for all!”

Debi Walter December 31, 2012 at 9:26 am

Lori,
What an honor to be named among these marriage blogs we love and respect. Hopefully, we’ll be back soon. God has been helping me daily and I’m sure it is the result of much prayer from my friends.
Happy New Year!!!
Debi

Justin @ DoNotDisturb December 31, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Wow, we’re honored to be on this list! Thanks so much for your continued encouragement!

Alecia December 31, 2012 at 5:10 pm

We are humbled to be apart of a such a wonderful group of people (husbands and wives) that care so deeply about enriching marriages through wonderful stories, examples, advice, and encouragement!

Lori Ferguson January 1, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Thank you so much for including Robert and me on this list – it’s truly an honor. We so appreciate your consistent and continuing commitment in adding value to marriages – you and Paul are solid examples on how to “do” marriage ministry with love. Awe inspiring! :-)
Lori Ferguson recently posted…10 Ways to Show Gentleness in MarriageMy Profile

Julie Sibert January 1, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Ahhh… Lori… you are too kind! I feel humbly blessed to be in such good company! And let’s not forget that you and Paul are really forerunners in being courageous in speaking so authentically about sex in marriage! I really, really appreciate you guys!! Your voices and wisdom are much needed. THANK YOU!

Edward January 1, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Lori – Thanks so very much for including me in this list. It is encouraging to be mentioned here. May God Bless your efforts in the coming year!

Annabel January 2, 2013 at 11:31 am

Lori,

Thanks so much for including me here! What an awesome list – there are several I hadn’t yet perused so I am looking forward to some new marriage reading material.

Thanks for being an incredible encourager & leader in this important topic.

Annabel

Rayna January 4, 2013 at 10:02 am

Finally, that little one at the bottom. I am that high desire wife as well and feel lost a lot when I read other blogs. I am checking out “Annabel’s” blog now! Thanks for including it!