Private Celebration

December 4, 2012

A fun gift idea for your husband is a “bedroom Christmas stocking.”

Buy a number of gift items, to be opened in private, that will bless him, but that are still within your comfort level (it’s OK to stretch a little bit).

Ideas: Love notes, lingerie, massage oil, flavored items, a small scented candle, a game for two, a book about sexuality, sexual gift coupons.

Image courtesy of zirconicusso / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Too Darn Happy: There is no door #4 A helpful tool for making decisions.

The Confident Mom: Weekly Household Quick Tip Creating a cozy and inviting home.

The Generous Husband: Are you enslaved by holiday traditions? Make the holidays work for (not against) you.

Pearl December 4, 2012 at 9:50 am

I LOVE this idea! You could transfer it to anniversaries or birthdays, too, just omit the stocking.

livinginblurredlines December 4, 2012 at 10:42 am

I tried. They’ve just sat in the bottom of a junk drawer covered in dust and junk for nearly 5 years now.

The Generous Wife December 4, 2012 at 10:59 am

@living I do understand. For many years I was the one that tucked items in a drawer to collect dust. Keep loving on your man and praying for him and reach out in whatever way he will receive (and let that be the heart of gratefulness for you, love what you have and don’t let bitterness get you over what you don’t have).

We’re all on a journey and some of us are just slower than others, some of us carry wounds, some of us speak a different love language, etc. It is difficult and hurtful sometimes, but love, forgiveness and grace can make it easier on you both.

Julie December 4, 2012 at 1:11 pm

What a great idea for a private Christmas evening!

Gail December 4, 2012 at 5:09 pm

I like this idea a lot. I think my husband will enjoy it too.

Hannah December 6, 2012 at 2:07 pm

What a fantastic idea! I love this… and I’m definitely going to have to try it out.
Hannah recently posted…Tough Times Thursdays: Eliminating StressMy Profile