Jumping on the “Blessed” Bandwagon

November 16, 2012

Debi of The Romantic Vineyard wrote a lovely post where she shared all the wonderful ways her husband blesses her ~ Confessions of a Blessed Wife. I just can’t resist jumping on this bandwagon.

I am so blessed by my sweetie because ~

He believes the best of me.
He gives the most amazing hugs.
He is a true romantic (and doesn’t mind that I’m romance challenged).
He lives a life of integrity and by his example challenges me to be my best.
He’s totally hot.
He invites me into his adventures and is game to join mine.
He loves our kids and has a truckload of parenting wisdom.
He is the “big dog” at our house and helps me with Widget (who has mucho puppy playfulness).
He talks more about his responsibilities than his rights.
He stands for the truth, even when the truth is hard or makes him unpopular.
He makes the tastiest garlic cheese biscuits and tomato basil soup and …
He knows me very well … and still loves me.
He’s smart and curious and ever growing (which helps me be smart and curious and ever growing).
He thinks I’m beautiful.
He’s wicked funny.
He walks what he talks.
(I know I missed something, but you get the gist.)

I am so blessed!

Feel free to hop on by adding your confessions as a comment to this post.

We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.  Fredrick Koeing

Image credit © Gabriel Blaj | Dreamstime.com

Calm Healthy Sexy: Appreciate and Enjoy Your Husband’s Masculinity Preach it, girl!

The Generous Husband: Can I get a bit of help? Thanks to all who have gifted us financially in 2012, plus info on a new painless way to help support us when you shop online.

Gaye November 16, 2012 at 4:50 am

Lori – Thanks so much for linking to my post. I love your list of blessings from your husband. It has inspired me that I need to make my own.

Have a great weekend.
Gaye

Traveldiva612 November 16, 2012 at 8:41 am

I am so blessed by my sweetie because ~
He helps me laugh at my most embarrassing moments
He is the voice of reason (when I forget we are on a budget)
He knows I’m crazy……and still loves me (and my family too)

Thank you Lori, for posting this. Sometimes I think I take him for granted.Occasionally I remind myself we are not promised tomorrow and everyday is a Blessing (like a daily gift from God).

Bethany November 16, 2012 at 10:47 am

Thanks for this post! Here’s my (short ’cause I need to get back to work) list:

1. He makes me tea. A lot.
2. He encourages me to be kinder and more forgiving.
3. He shows me so much more grace than I show myself.
4. He makes up ridiculous songs.
5. He likes to cook with me.
6. He snuggles really well.
7. He’s super excited to be a dad.

Paul H. Byerly November 16, 2012 at 12:29 pm

One correction – I KNOW you are beautiful. Deeply beautiful.
Paul H. Byerly recently posted…Reality and Perception: Feeling lovedMy Profile

Cherl November 16, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Thanks for the ” he knows me very well….and still loves me” I will be using that one :)

Fawn Weaver January 10, 2013 at 9:30 pm

“The blessed bandwagon” – I LOVE it! My list is already at 65 so I’ll just give you the first 5 I wrote :):

1. He loves me exactly as I am…not for who I may one day become.

2. He’s honest with me and honest with himself.

3. He has more integrity in his pinky finger than most people I meet each day.

4. He rides horses with me even though it’s one of his least favorite things to do (because it’s one of my absolute favorite things to do).

Thanks for linking up with us, Lori! Keep adding to this list and join us again next Thursday. Would love to have you there! :)
Fawn Weaver recently posted…Why I Love My Husband – Our First Ever Link Up Party!My Profile

Mai Bateson March 18, 2013 at 4:57 am

Hi Lori! This is Mai at the Happy Wives Club and Fawn wanted to make sure you saw the note that our Thursday link up party has now moved to Marriage Mondays – beginning today. We want to get all our favorite married bloggers linking up every Monday so we hope you’ll join us.