Journaling Prayer

November 4, 2012

From time to time I get more organized and create a prayer journal. When I do, it becomes a great big encouragement to me because I can see what God is doing in answer to my prayers. I’m also better at actually praying (instead of just thinking or worrying about something).

I’ve seen prayer journals with sections for days of the week and with sections on different kinds of prayer (intercession, praise, etc.). I think it would be great to have a section for your husband and marriage (or even a prayer journal that you share with your husband). God wants us to bring our concerns to Him. He wants to bless our guys and our marriages.

I also like this idea I found on Pinterest of collecting pictures and putting them in a small album (original source is here). You could leave it on your coffee table and make it a family project.

So many cool ideas! Pick one and give it a try.

Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?  Corrie ten Boom

If you have any prayer needs please leave a comment to this post. (Please be aware that this is public forum, so be kind about private issues.)

Used by permission. Image credit (c) ashley ann photography

The Generous Husband: One of the World’s Foremost Experts You can become an expert too!

Journey to Surrender: From You to Me to We Growing up in your marriage relationship.

Roxanne November 4, 2012 at 4:02 am

Pray for my remarkable husband, Lewis Mann – he has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. This could become an extremely long request, so if you want details please visit the CaringBridge site. We have 3 excellent doctors (neurologist, oncologist and a renowned neurosurgeon) that all agree Lewis has Glioma, but every test that he has (even a brain biopsy) comes back “inconclusive” … so we believe God is indeed at work here!

Lewis is my highschool sweetheart – we began “dating” when I was 14, pregnant at 15, married and welcomed a baby boy at 16. Now at age 40, we’ve been married over half of my life and we’ll celebrate 24 years next month. We have been abundantly blessed with 11 children (8 boys, 3 girls) and enjoy traveling in our RV with 9 of them (as 2 are already adults)!

God is so very good. Please pray for my precious husband as God brings him to mind. Thank you.

Roxanne November 4, 2012 at 4:03 am

For those interested in keeping up with us, here’s the CaringBridge site:

Darcy November 4, 2012 at 4:16 am

Please pray for my family as both my husband and I feel called into the ministry, but we are unsure of how or where God wants us to be. We both have different ideas and we know that neither is right until God brings us into unity.

Ameriah November 4, 2012 at 4:33 am

One big area of prayer right now is that he has been nominated to be a deacon at our church. His heart has always been in the church. However, this is a church that is 45 minutes away from us and that neither me nor Alyssa feel comfortable at. I was getting ready to propose a trial of other churches when he got the phone call. We need lots of prayer that my hubby views this commitments realistically (I know that it will take more time at church 45 minutes away) and that God leads us where HE wants us.
Thank you!
Ameriah

Kezia November 4, 2012 at 5:20 am

Prayer request – Richard, constantly falling and docs unable to find a cause so far. Praise -He’s just returned to church. :)

Tiffany November 4, 2012 at 10:42 pm

My husband and I had our first child 9mos ago, and we are thinking about moving from our current home about an hr and a half away to be closer to family. The only concern is that we are leaving the church that brought us closer to Christ and ultimately saved our marriage. We would certainly appreciateyour prayers as we think about finding a new church home and a new life thank you.

Tiffany November 25, 2014 at 9:43 am

prayers that God improve the things lacking in my marriage.