I’m Grateful

October 16, 2012

Don’t forget to enter the Thanksgiving and Gratitude Contest (<– click on this link and comment)

I’ve been giving gratitude a bit of thought lately. A part of it is the coming Thanksgiving season for those of us in the USA. (I did get to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving with a few friends too!)   :)

Being thankful and grateful just makes me … softer. I smile more. I appreciate the people around me. My home is special and the messes of daily living become a reflection of the people I love and not something I have to clean up. It’s easier to give and forgive.

I’ve mentioned it before, and several have mentioned it in the comments for the contest, that a “grateful journal” is a wonderful way of turning your heart toward thankfulness. I found the journal in the picture on Pinterest (they are made by Monika Wright and are for sale on Etsy if you click through), but any small notebook would do.

Quick! List five things you are grateful for (points if some of them have to do with your sweetie).

Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.  Marcel Proust

Image credit (c) Monika Wright

We Are THAT Family: How To Turn Your Life Around {Free Printable} Another encouragement to be thankful.

Hot, Holy & Humorous: Flat Chests, Body Issues, and Feeling Sexy Great post on body image and real beauty.

Black and Married with Kids: Do You Extend Grace to Your Spouse “We owe our partners the exact same grace we give to all the other people we come across during our lives.”

Val October 16, 2012 at 4:12 am

Grateful that there is enough. Grateful for the love of family and friends. Grateful for a man who quietly provides, supports, and encourages. Grateful for yesterday’s warmth and a chance to be outside to enjoy it. Grateful for the sacrifice of the cross.

jill hoke October 16, 2012 at 4:41 am

I am grateful for my husband, that I get to stay home with my children, my son’s job, my health, and our church.

Adrian October 16, 2012 at 7:39 am

-Husband who speaks love, fun, and encouragement into my life
-Husband who doesn’t complain in frustrating situations
-God’s grace
-Healthy family
-Parents who told me about God’s love, protected & supported me

alisha October 16, 2012 at 9:57 am

1. my family: a supportive husband, and 7 fantastic kids
2. 7 natural healthy pregnancies and births, and nursing experiences!
3. vehicles that run and especially our big van that comfortable holds us all!
4. How God has made me, both inside and out.
5. That my husband is an EXCELLENT cook, and all the food God provides
Amen!

Renee October 16, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Such a great idea! Wondering if you’ve come across the 365Grateful Project? It’s like a grateful journal but with pictures instead of (or as well as) words. A friend did it last year, posting on facebook (or instagram or whatever social media you like to use) every day for a year, a photo of something she was grateful for. Even though I wasn’t participating myself, her daily posts encouraged me to be more grateful for all the small blessings I take for granted everyday.

Karen Martin October 16, 2014 at 6:30 am

First of all I am grateful for the hope we have in Jesus Christ death and resurrection.
2nd I’m grateful for all my husband has done, stick with me when we first met and best ng a single mom with a heart problem, staying strong and forever wanting to do better and adapting to the many situations in our life.
3rd I’m grateful for all of our health
4th grateful for a free country
5th although my husband may not feel it at times, I’m grateful for his sexual drive, since the opposite maybe devastating!