Photo Fun

September 8, 2012

From The Generous Wife archive:

Pictures are so fun. They help us remember the good times, the funny times and, yes, the difficult times (which is not too bad because we can also remember how God got us through it all).

As a tip, why not do something fun with pictures. I know that not everyone is going to run for their scrapbooking materials, but you can put a picture on your computer as wall paper or frame a couple of good shots for the living room or bedroom. Just think pictures and wander around your house brainstorming for ideas. (Gals, if you have ideas, please leave them as a comment to this tip. Thanks.)

A good snapshot stops a moment from running away.  Eudora Welty

Image courtesy of Ambro / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Check out the Stupendous Marriage Show 58: Living with Less An Interview with Joshua Becker

Another great Friday Prayer: Teach Us from Elevate Your Marriage.

dawn September 8, 2012 at 4:32 am

I have my photos running as a slideshow when my computer goes into Screensaver mode. It is not unusual for one of us to stop what we are doing and watch the memories scroll by.

Dorothy September 8, 2012 at 6:24 am

I got tired of just missing that moment with my digital point-and-shoot camera, so I invested in an entry-level digital SLR. I keep it handy, and now I can get more candid shots of the family.

Sharon September 8, 2012 at 8:44 am

Now through September 12, you can create a FREE photo book on Shutterfly! Just enter the code SUMMERBOOK at checkout.

I find these books really great since all my pictures are digital. Just upload to their site and you select the layout and designs that you want, put pictures where you want. You can even add captions. I know I sound like an ad, but I literally just finished making another one with pictures from my daughter’s wedding. I didn’t have to get them printed. The photobooks are not heavy like an album, and the pictures don’t fade or get ruined.

Susan Menzel September 8, 2012 at 7:00 pm

I have used shutterfly or snapfish to put a photo book or calendar together for my hubby. My dh loved his!!

Christy F September 8, 2012 at 9:20 pm

I love Shutterfly books! We make one for each big vacation, and used a book of our engagement pictures as our wedding guest book. In my opinion, it is quicker, easier, and less expensive than a handmade scrapbook.

Also, while I’m there, I order a handful of prints of the best ones from the recent photos and keep them handy for frames or photo projects that I think of.

Katie September 9, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Let the kids use the camera for a bit. I do this sometimes and sometimes they get a real good or unique shot.

Adrian September 10, 2012 at 12:49 pm

I printed off some snapshots of us and hung them on a memo board in our bedroom. I’m referring to the kind of board that uses the criss-crossed ribbons to display things. It was an easy and casual way to display pictures of us & other mementos, and also gave our sparsely-decorated bedroom a welcome lift.

Adrian September 10, 2012 at 1:03 pm

It’s also easy to refresh the pictures :)