April Anniversaries

April 2, 2012

I totally forgot!

We have two winners for the “Making Your Room Special” Contest.  Angel and Christina were the 3rd and 15th posters (I used Random.org) and will each receive a free CD of Marriage Bed Vol 1. <– You can purchase a CD at this link if you want one and didn’t win. Thanks Ang, for the free CDs.

AND

It’s time to pray for generous wives that have an April anniversary. If you were married in April, please leave as a comment to this post your names, wedding date, how long you’ve been married and something you love about your husband.

For example: (this is mine from January)

Paul & Lori
January 18th (27 years)
My husband loves adventure.  He makes me laugh and keeps me young.

Let’s be a praying community and lift up these gals and their April marriages.

Let marriage be held in honor among all…  Hebrews 13:4a   ESV

Image credit (c) Catia70 | Dreamstime.com

My Spouse Isn’t Perfect  Straight talk from Marriage Life.

One Flesh Marriage is doing a series of guest posts. This one is from Rowan and Mara (of Couple Things) ~ He Said, She Said  I kept finding myself nodding as I read. Great stuff.

Mike and Dawn April 2, 2012 at 2:32 am

21 st April. (28 years)

Mike is a very giving man

Helen April 2, 2012 at 3:09 am

Phil and Helen,
3rd April, 2 years.
My husband is a comfort and support in all the challenges, particularly my health challenges over the 2 years of our marriage.

Veronica April 2, 2012 at 3:22 am

John Lee & Veronica
April 7 (5 years)
My husband is very geneous. He’s also not very picky about how clean the house is, or how often I iron or don’t iron his shirts:)

Ann April 2, 2012 at 4:19 am

Del and Ann
April 30, 2006
What a Blessing from God. I had been
single for 20 years. Then God brought
Del into my life!!!

Jennifer Schmidt April 2, 2012 at 4:20 am

Tim and Jennifer Schmidt
April 24 (8 years!)
I love my husband! I love how he prays for me, listens to me and holds me close! He is my dream come true.

Tamra Harrison April 2, 2012 at 4:30 am

John and Tamra
April 19th (20 years)
My husband helps around the house. Opposites really do attract… which keeps things interesting.

Mary April 2, 2012 at 4:52 am

Bill and Mary
April 24 (19 years)
My husband loves the meals that I make for our family.

Beverly Baker April 2, 2012 at 5:18 am

Beverly and Bill
April 12 (4 years)
My husband loves the outdoors, road trips, and his family. He keeps me laughing and brings fun and adventure into our lives.

Jen April 2, 2012 at 5:19 am

Kreg and Jen
April 3 (13 years)
God has blessed me with a wonderful husband. He is my best friend, the love of my life, and the best daddy to our 3 kids.

Chris April 2, 2012 at 5:50 am

Kevin and Chris Orvis
April 17 (12 years)!
Our marriage verse: Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 1Cor 16:13

Erin Janoso April 2, 2012 at 6:09 am

Erin & Jim Janoso
April 3, 2004 (8 yrs)
My husband is literally the hardest worker I know, very selfless, and always gives me the benefit of the doubt. I could do well to learn a lot from him…I’m very lucky :-D!

Tracy Friesen April 2, 2012 at 6:10 am

Anthony and Tracy Friesen
April 2 (today – 7 years!)
My husband is so compassionate, supportive, always looks for the best in people, and loves God, his kids, and me more than I ever thought possible.

army.wife2002 April 2, 2012 at 6:14 am

Jeff & Mande

April 30 (10 yrs)

I love how my husband tells me I’m beautiful even after four term pregnancies have resulted in a body that is considerably less attractive than it was when we married. I love how he dotes on me and makes me feel special. I especially love seeing him goo-goo at our littlest baby (2 months) and hang out with the older three children. And I appreciate how he is willing to work hard and be responsible for the provision for our family – he doesn’t lose hope even when times are tough. He encourages me when I am feeling low.

Sue April 2, 2012 at 6:17 am

Mark & Sue – April 1 (17 yrs!)

I love how my husband is growing in to the man God wants him to be – and how He has knit our souls together. :) I’m blessed!

Whitney Lundquist April 2, 2012 at 6:29 am

Nathan & Whitney
April 8
3 years!
I love how respectable my husband’s life is, and also funny he is. :)

Sara April 2, 2012 at 7:42 am

Dan and Sara
April 12th (4 years)
Instead of something I love, I just ask for prayers as we are separated and I am praying daily for reconciliation.

Pam Glidden April 2, 2012 at 7:49 am

Michael & Pam
April 5th
43 years
I love that my husband still flirts with me, after all of these years!

Jessica Levatino April 2, 2012 at 7:56 am

Kyle and Jessica
April 18th 3 years!
I love my husband! He loves the Lord whole heartly, points me to the Lord and he makes me laugh. :)

rebecca April 2, 2012 at 8:15 am

Heath & Rebecca
APRIL 14(9 years)
My husband is so spontaneous and fun!

Lisa Ward April 2, 2012 at 8:22 am

Ken & Lisa
32 years
I love what a godly man he is.

L.C.C. April 2, 2012 at 8:54 am

Lani & Charlie
April 21st
This will be our first anniversary so… 1 year!!
If I start listing the things I love about my husband I’ll never stop so I’ll just say the first three that come to mind – he’s patient, so patient. He knows me, truly knows me, and often reads my mind. He takes the lead spiritually in our relationship, and he does it with quiet and wise determination. I’m so excited to be celebrating our first amazing year of marriage!!

Shon Brannon April 2, 2012 at 9:08 am

April 19, 2012 will mark my husband Warren and my 15th wedding anniversary! We are high school sweethearts that got married 7 years after graduating high school. I love that he has his heart set on making our family prosperous! He’s a kind and gentle man and i love and appreciate that about him! Happy Anniversary babe! :)

Angela Gott April 2, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Tony & Angela, married 27 years on April 19th. I love that Tony loves the LORD and trys so hard to be a spiritual leader even when he himself was not taught how and that he loves me even when I’m not so lovable. We dated 6 yr’s before marrying so really we’ve been together 33yr’s. We have 4 children, and forgiveness and laughter mixed with our faith have paved our paths, not always easy or trouble free yet so blessed and guided with our Saviors mercy and grace.<3

Kathleen April 2, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Kathleen and Karl (Karl and Kathleen; we like to switch it up!)
April 23rd, 1997

I love that he is very willing to change, even though he may balk at first, he usually comes around. He became vegan after I did! :)

Kristi April 2, 2012 at 5:36 pm

April 13th! I’ve been married to my best friend for 10 years! I love his smile and his ability to make me laugh after all these years!

Cheree April 2, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Gordon and Cheree
April 17, 2004
Married 8 years
I love that my husband is a hard worker. He works a full-time job and supports our family so that I can stay at home and be there for my kids and participate in their school activities!

Kathryn April 2, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Ian & Kathryn (Australia!)
8 April (12 years)
God is our strength and refuge!

Kristy April 2, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Kraig & Kristy

April 22 (6 years)

He helps do dishes, or pick up the house or other “small” things that are “huge” to me, having 3 boys, ages 3,2 and 1

Ruth April 2, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Bill and Ruth
April 28
33 years
I love that he wouldn’t want to be married to anyone but me!

Biola April 2, 2012 at 11:08 pm

Biola & Yinka
April 7, 2012 will mark our 5th year wedding anniversary. I love the fact that he is hardworking and loves the Lord. I thank God for His faithfulness in our lives.

noemi April 3, 2012 at 3:13 am

Noemi & Ben
April 1st (12 years)
I love my husband keeps me grounded, he is such a gr8 dad.
I’d request prayer for him to accept JC.

Anna April 3, 2012 at 11:31 am

Chris & Anna
April 25th (3 years)
My husband can be so silly, which works well because I am often too serious. I am still learning to be silly myself but having him definitely helps.

kirsten April 3, 2012 at 11:35 am

kirsten & jesse
april 28th (5 years)
my husband is changing our family’s legacy by how beautifully, unconditionally & gracefully he loves our daughter and me:)

REINNIE April 3, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Reinnie and Gerard
April 21st (14 years)
My husband makes me laugh and he loves to hear me laugh. My husband is willing to try anything once! He remembers me in prayer, with all my issues at work. He sends me scripture text messages and calls me during the day. He has really been there supporting my parents and myself since my sister died last year. I love him and I thank God for him daily.

Sandi April 3, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Jeff & Sandi
April 22, 2011 (1 year)
My husband and I waited for a LONG time to find each other. We were 39 and 40 when we finally got married! He was worth every day I waited, every prayer I prayed, every tear I shed, and every lonely night. I praise God that he is such a great husband. He is so helpful around the house, and is very thoughtful & intentional about spending time with me and letting me know he thinks I’m special. I love cuddling and praying with him each night!

Debbie April 3, 2012 at 2:02 pm

John and Debbie
April 13 (27 years)
My husband is a computer geek (a compliment!) and keeps our tech in ship shape. He is easy going, kind, generous, he keeps me grounded and loves me deeply with all my quirks and wild ideas. We know each other so well by now, and love more deeply with each year that passes!

Tara April 3, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Troy and Tara
April 25 (25 years)
My husband is loving and kind. He goes out of of his way to help around the house. He is my best friend. So thankful God has blessed me with this wonderful man. I love him now and forever!

The Generous Wife April 3, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Add these gals to your prayers ~

Mellanie & husband
4/20/74
We will be married 38 years April 20th!
I love his humor and support.

Irvin & Kathy
April 2nd 1983 (29 years)
My husband loves the outdoors, hiking etc. I love his romance!!
He is full if humor….most of the time.

Eileen Councill April 4, 2012 at 3:58 am

Eileen and Brown
30 April (1 year!!!)
He is the most amazingly, selfless husband!

Kathy Scheel April 4, 2012 at 4:37 am

Paul and Kathy
April 18 (14 years)
My husband is wise and loves the Lord

Christine Henry April 5, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Ed and Christine
April 7, 2007 (5 years)

My husband has always strived to do the best for our family. Through 3 pregnancies, countless kidney stones, and every challenge we face, he has grown more mature and is dedicating himself to be the husband and father that God designed him to be. He helps encourage me to be a better wife and mother. Marriage has not come easily for us, but in the last year, we have grown more in love, closer than ever, and I look forward to spending the rest of my life with him.

I want to thank you Lori, and your husband, Paul, for being such an inspiration to growing strong marriages. My husband and I are definitely benefiting from your ministry. Thank you!

Nancy & Jeffrey April 6, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Nancy & Jeffrey
April 16, 2005 (7 Yrs)
Jay has been a very supportive, loving husband who strives to do his best for his family. He makes me laugh and he helps to lift me when I am down, he supports me on any decisions that we have to make for our future and our family. He is a fun loving, very caring, very sweet person. I know he loves me as he always says he loves me more than I love him. God has blessed me with a wonderful man cares about my ideas and dreams. He inspires me spiritually. He is a blessing. I love him so much. 7 years is an awesome time for 2 people to reach a certain threshold in the journey of marriage together.

Jewel Ruby Torio-Policarpio April 2, 2014 at 10:03 am

Darwin & Jewel
April 16 (1 year!!!)
He loves me despite my immaturity and selfishness. He cooks (I do not!). He is a Christian who longs to glorify God through music (He plays the guitar in church!). He makes me laugh!

Praising God for almost a year since we had our union!

Biola April 3, 2014 at 6:20 am

Yinka & Biola
April 7 (7 years!)
He loves to impact people positively.