A Shared Week

March 19, 2012

After church yesterday I had a mini-meltdown.  I just needed some face time with my man.  So, I used some of my personal spending money (Dave Ramsey would be so proud) and invited my husband out to lunch (if I eat at home I will be distracted by all that needs to be done).

We talked about the day’s sermon (a very challenging one about humility and being salt/light) and a number of other things, but then my husband asked me, “What do you need to get done this week?”  It was an interesting question because it helped me narrow down on the “have to’s” and the “important stuff.”  We ended up each sharing about our weekly to-do lists.  It helped us focus and we now know how to pray and be a help.  We can encourage each other and be a sounding board as we move through the week.

Why not ask your sweetie the same question and spend some time encouraging each other and being helpful where you can.

Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.  Dr. Seuss

Image credit (c) Lori Byerly

Every day, you have a choice.  We Just Grew Apart  Entwine your lives, so you don’t grow apart. (from Assume Love)

Embrace it, learn about it, lean into it and love it.  Sex: It’s Not Just Emotional  That’ll preach! (from Intimacy in Marriage)

Be generous!  Lori <><

Jason March 19, 2012 at 1:43 am

Beautiful encouragement this morning, Lori!

Thank you for the reminder that my best friend/helpmeet/homeschooling mom/wife works just as hard, or perhaps even harder than I do. She needs me to help her keep her list narrowed down.

I will try to do a better job this week than last week.

~Jason

Lori ferguson March 19, 2012 at 3:55 am

Love this post, Lori! Sometimes being helpful has to be planned!

Rob and I have time marked on our calendars every Monday morning to talk/plan about the week ahead, and another block of time on Satuday mornings to spend time reflecting on the week past – what went well, what didn’t work, and if we’re getting any closer to our goals. It’s been a huge help to stay connected and focused – life goes by so quickly!

Sis March 19, 2012 at 5:47 am

I love your Dr. Suess quote! Great inspiration to keep going.

Debi - The Romantic Vineyard March 19, 2012 at 8:13 am

Great, honest post, Lori B. I often find myself near meltdown when I haven’t had time to connect with Tom. And Lori F. when I saw there was one comment, I just knew it was you! :-) Thank you for demonstrating this kind of lifestyle so consistently.

The Generous Wife March 19, 2012 at 1:30 pm

@Lori Paul and I do this periodically, but weekly turns out to be much better. :)

The Generous Wife March 19, 2012 at 1:32 pm

@Jason It was so nice to have another brain to bounce my thoughts and plans off of and to have a masculine point of view as well. You must be a great blessing to your wife.

Kate March 19, 2012 at 5:58 pm

So enjoyed this and understand right where you are coming from. I always feel so much lighter after I share with my hubby! I know he feels the same way. Thanks for sharing this and being who you are! :)