I’m Hot!

January 16, 2012

WooHoo!  The Generous Husband thinks I’m hot!  I just won one of his 2011 Hot Marriage and Sexuality Blog Awards!

I can come up with a couple of tips ideas from this.

1. Your spouse needs to hear that you appreciate them and find them attractive and sexy.  Tell them often.

2. Reading helps you grow.  Do check out the blogs listed on his post.  Subscribe to a few of them so that daily you are challenged to think and grow in your marriage relationship.

3. Sharing resources spreads the influence of those resources.  I always love to share about a new blog or a great book.  The ripple effect is powerful and exciting.  Why not forward this tip (or a tip that really speaks to you) to some of your friends?

Thanks so much, Paul, for being The Generous Husband and being my generous husband.

I love the perspective of this post from Encourage Your Spouse ~ Don’t compare steps.

A couple of short and sweet reminders to invest in your marriage ~ Your Marriage Needs Your Time  and Two People Moving As One  (from MarriageWorks!)

Be generous! Lori <><

Debi - The Romantic Vineyard January 16, 2012 at 5:39 am

You are the only one who can say this about your Generous Husband. :-) You made me laugh out loud!! I love it!

The Generous Wife January 16, 2012 at 11:24 am

:) I just got him back after a bit of travel (for the day job). It’s so nice to have him home again.

Paul Byerly January 16, 2012 at 11:42 am

I don’t think you are hot – I KNOW you are hot!

It’s so good to be home!

Nicole January 16, 2012 at 1:56 pm

I do love the marriage blogs- thank you all for being an inspiration to me! It has helped me grow as a Godly wife. :) I will definitely check out the Generous Husband’s 2011 list! Be blessed

Naomi January 17, 2012 at 8:12 pm

A quick question: what do I do if I don’t find my 40lb. overweight husband attractive & sexy? I do my best to compliment him on all kinds of other things (how he provides, how he actually *does* my honey-do list, how great he is with the kids, etc.), but he’s just not physically attractive to me. How do I bring this up without really rocking the boat? I work hard to not be a hypocrite in this matter (I’m down from ~30lbs. over, to about 10lbs. now), and I’ve worked intentionally to make sure I haven’t said anything about him as I’ve done this. Thanks.

Great blog, btw. The only one I regularly read & apply.

Francine January 18, 2012 at 8:53 am

I think another thing is to show your husband that YOU are hot. I do a great job of telling my husband he is hot, but do not do a good job of showing him that he has a hot wife.

ie: covering my stomach while changing with him.

Naomi, my advice would be to not broach the subject, but pray that you will find him sexy and he will take care of his body. Continue to pray this daily and live your life in a healthy manner and it may just fall into place. Another way to give him suggestions in a kind way is to think about what activities which lead to healthiness you DO find sexy, like working out, eating healthy, etc. Is it sexy when your husband eats a salad? Reinforce those activities by saying, “You look really sexy to me when you are eating healthy” when you catch him in the act. Or if he is doing something physically active with the kids or working out, you could say, “I love it when I can see your muscles.”

just ideas…