A Thousand Words

September 26, 2011

Pictures are so fun.  They help us remember the good times, the funny times and, yes, the difficult times (which is not too bad because we can also remember how God got us through those times).  As a tip, why not do something fun with pictures.  I know that not everyone is going to run for their scrapbooking materials, but you can put a picture on your computer as wall paper or frame a couple of good shots for the living room or bedroom.  Just think pictures and wander around your house brainstorming for ideas.  (Gals, if you have ideas, please leave them as a comment to this tip.  Thanks.)

A good snapshot stops a moment from running away.  Eudora Welty

Be generous!  Lori <><

Jacinda September 26, 2011 at 3:12 am

I have three simple black frames 12×12 (record album display frames) and I change the scrapbooking pages with seasons, in our family room. Also make sure your husband has updated photo’s for wallet, briefcase.. or in our family, my husband drives a semi and he has them on the dash and ceiling.

Dawn September 26, 2011 at 3:36 am

Shutterfly makes very quick and BEAUTIFUL work of organizing, captioning, and printing photos in a photobook. WAY faster (and probably cheaper) than the time and materials needed for scrapbooks which means more photos printed and in safekeeping! I also just recently did a DIY project of putting photos (printed from Shutterfly) on canvas. It was so easy and turned out great! This is the link to the instructions I used http://www.bluecricketdesign.net/2011/01/guest-post-diy-photos-on-canvas-by.html

Melanie September 26, 2011 at 3:39 am

I once did a digital scrapbook for my husband. I found pictures of us from dating days (we were in high school) to present. Troughout the book were ” I love you because” pages where I included reason why I love him and tried to include a picture that went with that reason. For example on one page I put I love you because you make me laugh and included a picture of the two of us lauging. It was a great anniversary gift.

Cherryl September 26, 2011 at 4:35 am

My husband does not much like having his picture taken, so once while taking pics of the kids, I asked him to grab his guitar and play, I didn’t care what he played I just wanted his hands busy… then I focused in on his hand picking the strings, develped the picture in black and white, and framed it. He loved it! His face isn’t there, but his passion is…. it lays in his hands expressing God’s love though the music.

Cindy September 26, 2011 at 4:39 am

If you want to spruce up your picture with some fun editing tools, picnik.com is a great free online photo editing tool!! With picnik, you can create cool black and white photos, use color focus, add text, crop, add frames and even make digital scrapbook pages! I love it!!

laureen September 26, 2011 at 6:01 am

My husband and daughter gave me a digital picture frame for my birthday a few years back loaded with pictures. My husband occasionally adds recent photos to it. Many of our guests (ourselves included), will get stuck infront of the frame watching the pictures.

Emily September 26, 2011 at 6:19 am

I love this idea! Take a picture of you and your hubs and turn it into a paint-by-number. Have fun painting together!

saundra September 26, 2011 at 6:54 am

one thing i have done is in my bedroom above our fishtank i had my husband put up a shelf that i have put pictures of married couples as well as things from our wedding like my bouquet, tiara and our wedding albums.

Glenna September 26, 2011 at 7:26 am

I frame some of my child’s art work and put the pictures up my staircase wall. For every family vacation, I search out one or two really memorable shots and frame them for us to use as reminders of the fun we had.

Barbara September 26, 2011 at 7:48 am

Photo books are easy to make @ Kodak Gallery and other online photo storage sites for those, like me, who are not crafty but want to do a scrap book. Have done one for my H for father’s day and am working on one for out next anniversary as well.

Also happy memory pictures are great for the bedroom decor.

Mrs. VK September 26, 2011 at 8:28 am

Hmmm, I thought I posted ~ but anyway, I like to make photo gifts using artscow for low priced books and hotprints for magazine type 16 page books which I like to make to use as special cards.

Tierney September 26, 2011 at 8:34 am

A friend of mine makes a big collage (large poster size) of pictures she’s taken throughout the year, and replaces it each year (limited wall space). This way they can see what they’ve done recently, and how they’re kids have grown.

Rena September 26, 2011 at 9:43 am

I recently had a print done from a website called Fracture. http://www.fractureme.com They make a print on the back of glass and send it to you ready to hang. Here is the kicker. They do custom sizes and even coasters.

Anyway it is measure diagonally like a monitor is so it fits better with camera formats now a days. And you don’t have to search for a frame. I swear I do not work for these people I just happen to love mine. A lot.

Anna September 26, 2011 at 11:18 am

Funny you should post about this. I was just thinking the other day that the Mr. and I should make a point to take photos at least yearly. We used to take more of ourselves when we were dating, why is it that when one gets married things like that slip? Then as you said it’s not just a matter of taking them it’s also doing something with them.
Anna

Christina September 26, 2011 at 11:31 am

There are some beautiful photographs out there of planes, cars, sail boats, mountains, architecture even baseball fields and football gear. Find an amazing picture of something he is passionate about, frame it in a style that matches your decor and display it in the main part of your home. Not only will your guy know that you value him, and the things important to him, everyone else who walks in your home will know it too.

A print of Joseph Minards chart “Loses of the French army in the Russian campaign” hangs in my dining room. My husband really likes it so I framed it for Christmas a few years ago. Not many people probably have informational charts on their wall, but it is beautiful and a great conversation piece.

Casey September 26, 2011 at 2:12 pm

While my husband and I were dating I saved ticket stubs and programs from events, a match book from a restaurant we went to, etc. Just little bits of paper from things we did together that had event names/dates, logos, etc. Then I bought one of those pre-cut pieces of matting and covered it with a collage of all the different things I collected. I think I then wrapped it in clear contact paper, but decoupage would probably be a better idea. Then I put a picture of the two of us into that frame. Even now, years later, it makes me happy every time I see it.

Celia September 27, 2011 at 12:27 am

We have shared cubicles at the office in which I work (hubby is a SAHD). Much as I would love to festoon the area with pics of Sweet Pea, it’s just not feasible. Instead, I loaded a ton of pics onto a memory stick and downloaded them to my computer at work. Then I set my screen saver to come on almost immediately if I’m not actively using my computer. Next I set the screen saver to show random pics from the album I had uploaded from the memory stick. Voila! I have endless pics of the lovely baby, and only one measly computer screen has been overtaken. Perfect.

Debi Walter - The Romantic Vineyard September 27, 2011 at 4:25 am

Lori,
I just did this – I took four favorite photos of us in four different places and had them made into Canvas Wrapped art for our bedroom. I hung them behind our bedroom door so really the only people who see them are us. It made Tom smile when he found my “surprise” last night. They were supposed to be of the four seasons, but I was lacking a nice photo from Spring, so they’re Summer, Winter, Autumn and Fall! :-) They are 14 x 14, and I bought them from Costco’s photo dept. The square size works best if you’re grouping them together.
Blessings,
Debi

patty September 28, 2011 at 11:17 am

Our hallway is filled with pictures…of when we were dating, our wedding, our family, and a ton of happy memories. We call it memory lane. I envisioned tons of matching frames, but soon realized that having all our memories in different frames really captured the different points of our relationship and memories. I love walking to our bedrooms down memory lane.