Reminder: Pray for Your Guy

April 3, 2011

How are y’all doing with regular prayer for your husband?  I do understand the busyness of life, but let’s get into the habit and stay there.  Do what you need to do to create that habit.  There are a lot  of prayer helps available – phone apps, email reminders and more.  My favorite idea is putting a couple of prayer stickers where you will see them often or using certain chores as a reminder.  If you have ideas for creating a prayer habit, please add them to this post as a comment.  Thanks.

Habits are first cobwebs, then cables.  Spanish proverb

Be generous!  Lori <><

Laura April 3, 2011 at 1:45 pm

My husband is currently deployed and we talked about starting to pray more together. So what we are doing is before I go to bed at night I email him a prayer. I pray specifically for him and his needs and then I pray for our children and family, deployed service members and any other needs that we know about. Then he sends me one when he gets up. It has been wonderful. He has said when he gets too busy over there and doesn’t get a chance to write me he feels “befuddled” during his day until he writes me. After 12 years of marriage and 4 years of struggling our marriage is becoming what God wants it to be!! Prayer works and is essential for every marriage.

Sheryl April 4, 2011 at 3:13 am

Drive time has always been part of my prayer time. Now that my husband leaves for work about an hour before I do for his 30 minute drive, I know by the time I leave he is already working. The 20 minutes I spend in the car is devoted to prayer for him and for his spiritual battles and his day.

Bethany April 4, 2011 at 6:42 am

My husband has a habit of rolling up the sleeves of his work shirts. It used to drive me crazy (because i had to unroll them for laundry) until one day I realized I should be thankful he had a job! So now, I pray for him, his job, his fulfillment in it, etc. everytime I come across another sleeve that needs to be unrolled ;). You can do this with any habit he has that keeps popping up for you- turn it into a reminder to lift him up.

Bobbie April 4, 2011 at 8:45 am

When the earthquake and tsunami struck Japan, there was an idea that someone started about putting a red dot on your hand to remind you to pray for Japan…. it really DID work, what a great reminder! So, now I do the same thing to remind me to pray for my husband/family etc… just in general “to pray”. I still use the red dot, it seems to really grab my attn. all the time. My husband and I have been married 27 years and he is still the love of my life. Our marraige works, with God at the very center, and flows with love and mutual respect for one another each day. This is such a great reminder to pray for my sweet loving hubby each and every day, several times a day!!

Margaret-Anne Baken April 4, 2011 at 1:45 pm

My wonderful man wears collared work shirt and most need ironing, as well as his trousers. I thought to pray for him while ironing his clothes. That might be a time to remember.

Patty April 4, 2011 at 3:38 pm

I emailed your weekly prayer walk to myself, and keep it in my inbox. It serves as a reminder on those days when I don’t remember on my own.

Amy Ellsworth April 5, 2011 at 2:09 pm

With such a busy life right now raising my three little boys, keeping up with their school and their sports, it’s hard sometimes to remember to simply pray for your husband and others who have requested prayer. So, I needed something practical to remind myself to stop and pray. I saw a friend do this! I set an alarm on my cell phone for noon that I need to either snooze or dismiss. It has worked out so well! It is very convicting to “dismiss” prayer!