In the Night

July 31, 2010

When you have occasion to get up in the night, when you come back to bed, gently wake your husband for a little middle-of-the-night love making.

My lover is to me a sachet of myrrh resting between my breasts.  Song of Songs 1:13 NIV

Be generous!  Lori <><

Carmon July 31, 2010 at 6:25 am

That is always such a blessing!

Sharon Cohen July 31, 2010 at 7:05 am

This is WONDERFUL counsel! Follow it as often as you can while you are young – because as you age – your body will betray you and opportunities for this treat will have passed you by.

I honestly laughed when I read this post because I have a great deal of trouble forcing myself to get up in the night for the requisite trip to the toilet. And there is no gentle way to wake my husband. Cannons overhead would not do it – trust me. We’ve been living under fireworks from the State Fair for weeks now. Nope. At our age we save spontaneity for “afternoon delights”.
.-= Sharon Cohen´s last blog ..Friday Morning Heart Strings =-.

Barbara July 31, 2010 at 10:33 am

Given that DH days are already too long (work, home and life in general)and nights are too short (4-6 hours sleep, usually not restful), my dilemma is not knowing where the line is between being generous and being inconsiderate.

StephT July 31, 2010 at 1:38 pm

Mine wouldn’t wake for it haha! He’s a sleepy head. He likes morning love making instead :)

Jay Dee August 1, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Here’s the funny thing: I would love to do this to her, but don’t, because I know she wouldn’t appreciate being woken up (we have a nursing 3 month old, she’s up enough).
She won’t do it, because she can’t get over the idea that anyone would want to be woken up during the middle of the night for anything but an emergency.

How can you argue with empathy like that (even if it’s misplaced)?

It has happened a couple of times in our marriage, and I treasure those memories. Good tip.

Christine August 2, 2012 at 10:32 am

Well since we’ve been striving for an early bedtime one night a week (9pm), I’ll have to give this a try on that night lol.