Please Don’t

April 14, 2010

Boy, this seems the week for dealing with sexual sin.  I just found out that someone I know is headed for an affair.  It kind of broke my heart.  I’ve known the family for years and you hate to see that kind of destruction coming down the track.

The sad thing is that most folks don’t know that their marriages are fixable.  The sadder thing is that most people will just throw their hands up and go for what feels good.

If you are in a position where your feelings are growing for someone you are not married to, I appeal to you to stop, think and get help.  The destruction from an affair is devastating (and not just for those involved, add in the kids, friends, and other who are influenced).

I encourage you to check out Marriage Builders and any book by Willard F. Harley, Jr.  He does a remarkable job helping couples fall in love again and deal with the fallout of infidelity.

Be generous!  Lori <><

Tina Gottesman April 14, 2010 at 4:05 am

I’m so glad that you mentioned that an affair (or any marriage difficulty) affects others, not just the kids, but the friends, extended family, and the entire church. Just went through the separation of a couple who we’d been friends with for 17 years. They are back together and trying to make it work, but the ripple effect has been devastating.

Addi April 14, 2010 at 4:16 am

Anyone in trouble with their marriage, I can recommend a great book and additionally the website also.

The book is called “Love & Respect”, the author is Dr. Emmerson Eggerich

You can read a sample of the book here: http://books.google.de/books?id=h8IgM7GFL04C&pg=PA79&lpg=PA79&dq=Love%26Respect+eggerichs+video&source=bl&ots=LHonZmFHpq&sig=8xTNu_MphEyakEAhju9rAUZJssc&hl=de&ei=MeGkS82FKIjz_AaJ4b3pCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=9&ved=0CDUQ6AEwCA#v=onepage&q&f=false

Here also a link to the Love & Respect website: http://www.loveandrespect.com/index.php

May God bless all marriages.

In Christ,
Addi

onemotherslove April 14, 2010 at 6:04 am

My husband & I just completed the Dynamic Marriage course based on Harley’s book, His Needs Her Needs. That was a great course & we are stronger for it!
.-= onemotherslove´s last blog ..Tiny Talk Tuesday and the Train =-.

iamloved60 April 14, 2010 at 6:20 am

Thank you for discussing sexual sin in a marriage. I’m struggling with lack of sex drive and please need suggestions and prayer.
thanks

Gabby April 14, 2010 at 8:38 am

Great post! Well, they’re all great posts, but I felt like finally commenting instead of just reading in my email everyday without saying anything.

I think a lot of people allow themselves to walk down a slippery slope. It may start innocent and harmless like a friendship, but people let things grow and continue to damagining proportions. They need to nip it in the bud!

Besides, an affair is just a way of finding escape from reality. It’s not that so and so loves/understands/relates to you better. If you and so and so had bills, kids, parents with failing health and a busy schedule together, I’m sure you and so and so would have problems, too!

jujube April 14, 2010 at 12:09 pm

I appreciate the link to “Marriage Builders”. I’d love to have the Marriage Bulders home study course. Unfortunately, my husband isn’t interested in counseling. He says I need to “let go” of the issues I have within the relationship and just focus on what he is having problems with in the marriage. Prayers and suggestions are greatly desired.