I’d like to talk about sexual creativity. A simple thought … being creative doesn’t mean that you have to pull your ideas from porn sources or that all things creative have their source in porn. I know most of you know that, but it’s a common idea that gets bounced around and I thought I’d just bounce it right out the door. ;) God is a creative God and we are made in His image. We are creative too! We can come up with creative ideas ourselves or learn from sources that are godly and reasonably discreet.
Let’s talk a bit about what can be varied during sex.
* what you wear – this would include clothes, make up, jewelry, accessories, etc. Have you even considered making love wearing a unique necklace or wearing an article of clothing that your husband particularly likes?
* think ambiance – lighting, music, nice odors (candles, perfume), etc. can add a thoughtful and creative touch.
* what you do – foreplay and any sexual act can be varied by what you do, how you do it and how much you do it. Take more time to kiss or kiss your husband all over. How do you touch your husband? How about touching him in a different place or in a different way? See all parts of his body as something to pleasure.
* where you get intimate – any place where there is privacy and a reasonable amount of comfort. A living room chair? A comfy mat on the the family room floor? Don’t overlook moments of private time for a little foreplay. When you’re cleaning out the attic, grab your husband and give him an absolutely breath taking kiss. Then let him know there will be more of that at bedtime (or whenever, what the heck, you needed a break from the work anyhow).
* when you get intimate – Sex at bedtime is nice, but so is sex in the morning, just before or after work, at lunchtime, etc. Don’t be afraid to change up your plans and make love in the afternoon.
By taking just one of these elements and doing something a little different, you are being creative and it will add a bit of interest to your intimate life. Imagine your husband’s surprise and pleasure when you join him in the shower for a bit of soapy foreplay or perhaps you could take a few moments in a back room for a quickie before leaving for the evening.
I encourage y’all to sit down with a pen and paper and write down a few ideas that are within your comfort zone (maybe even stretch yourself a bit) and then plan to try them out this next week. We can be creative lovers if we will make the effort and risk a bit. Even a small change is a good thing and a step in the right direction, a point of learning and growing.
Another word for creativity is courage. George Prince
Be generous! Lori <><